The Orpheum Theater Center is owned and operated by Iowa Valley Community College District. IVCCD is unique among Iowa's community college districts because it operates two separate community colleges under the umbrella of one district. IVCCD operates Marshalltown Community College and Ellsworth Community College in Iowa Falls, as well as a satellite campus known as Iowa Valley Grinnell. IVCCD also operates Iowa Valley Continuing Education, which offers hundreds of adult and continuing education programs, business and industry training, and many unique and specialized programs and services district wide. The mission statement of IVCCD is…
Iowa Valley Community College District is committed to providing quality learning experiences, ensuring student success, responding to diverse community needs, and building community partnerships.
The Orpheum Theater Center is a testament to building community partnership and provides our county with:
- A beautiful and iconic entry point to the historic Marshalltown business district.
- A historic lobby and movie house which seats 152 and is ADA accessible.
- A black box theater which seats a maximum of 146 for live performances, seminars, corporate presentations, exhibits and local community gala events.
- A gallery and exhibit space which houses a permanent collection celebrating Iowans of the stage and screen.
- Three learning studios which house the Marshalltown Community College Entertainment Design Technology Program and provides a venue for local corporate seminars, civic meetings and luncheons.
- The Orpheum Coffee Shop, open from 7am to 5pm and offers gourmet coffee, breakfast and lunch items for guests to enjoy on the patio or the gallery seating area.
- A fully equipped Scene Shop for production building of scenery and props and teaching Stagecraft classes.
- An outside amphitheater and coffee shop patio area available for performance or private functions.